Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What ages is the product designed for?
A: The PitcHitterTM is designed for tee ball through advanced youth baseball, as well as softball. The simulated batter and batting tee can be used by any age.
Q: How will the PitcHitter help develop my son or daughter’s baseball skills?
A: The PitcHitter is a multipurpose baseball training aid that can be used three ways:
- As a reversible simulated batter (righty/lefty), it helps pitchers and catchers develop visual focus and the ability to feel comfortable pitching to a live batter come game time.
- As a simulated batter (righty/lefty), with the regulation size strike zone attachment, it helps develop accuracy and confidence.
- As a batting tee, it helps develop batting technique.
Q: I am a Coach, how can I use the PitcHitter in practice?
A: There are many ways to incorporate the PitcHitter into pitcher training and team practices:
- Set-up in a batting cage, use the simulated batter with the strike zone attachment for individual pitching practice. Many leagues have contacted us about keeping the PitcHitter permanently set up in their batting cages for all of their teams’ use.
- Set-up in the batter’s box during individual pitching practice, with the strike zone attachment, or without the strike zone attachment and a live catcher. Note: we recommend that the strike zone attachment not be used with a live catcher, to avoid unexpected deflection off of the strike zone attachment.
- Set-up in the batter’s box during team infield practice, use the simulated batter to practice real game scenarios, such as catcher pick-off plays. The PitcHitter helps coaches train pitchers and catchers at the same time. The PitcHitter simulates real game action, so your youth baseball team gets real game results.
- Use as a batting tee, when it’s time for batting drills.
Q: What is the best way to teach youth baseball pitchers?
A: With beginning players, it is important to be patient, make it fun (the PitcHitter helps with that!), and to break down the delivery motions in steps, with the focus on balance. There are many great online resources for teaching young players to pitch. We recommend that coaches observe all Little LeagueTM and USA Pitch SmartTM pitching guidelines. Players should not begin to learn how to pitch until they have mastered basic throwing mechanics. Youth pitchers should focus on balance and accuracy, not velocity. For this reason, radar guns are discouraged for youth baseball players. With the PitcHitter, pitchers can practice more efficiently, focus on accuracy, reduce pitch counts in practice, and develop confidence safely.
Q: How easy is the PitcHitter to set up?
A: With a little instruction from Mom or Dad it can be set up by almost anyone in seconds. Set up is easy and intuitive, but if there are any questions, step-by-step instructions are included. Note: when switching the banner from righty to lefty with the strike zone attachment, remember to also rotate the strike zone pole insert 180 degrees, so that the strike zone is level.
Q: Where can I use the PitcHitter?
A: The PitcHitter is designed for use at home in the backyard, on youth baseball fields, in the batter’s box, in batting cages – anywhere a baseball can be safely thrown.
Q: The product seems heavy, can I carry it to and from practice?
A: The PitcHitter is designed to be durable, yet portable. The PitcHitter has a convenient handle and straps to break down into a convenient portable unit that weighs less than 20 pounds. You would need several different products to offer the features of our product and none are as easy to set up or take down, or to carry to and from the field, as the PitcHitter.
Q: Are there any safety instructions?
A: All youth baseball safety guidelines should be observed when using the PitcHitter:
- Anyone playing the position of catcher during practice/training sessions should wear appropriate protective gear (catcher’s mask with dangling throat guard, chest protector, shin guards, catcher’s mitt and cup).
- Anyone on the field or near the Pitchitter during pitching or batting tee practice/training sessions should wear a batting helmet with facemask.
- To avoid possible injury from balls deflected off the strike zone poll, do not use the Pitchitter with the strike zone attachment with a live catcher.
- Always lift home plate by handle.
- Warning! Choking Hazard – small parts. Not for children under 3 years.
NOTE: THIS PRODUCT IS CHILD SAFETY TESTING COMPLIANT
Q: What are the dimensions and weight of the product:
Q: Are there any product guarantees?
A: Yes, customer satisfaction is important to us and is guaranteed with a 30 day money back guarantee. Limited Warranty: the PitcHitter LLC will repair or replace without charge, any defects due to faulty materials or workmanship for 60 days from the date of purchase. Alterations or misuse of product will void the warranty.
Q: How long will it take to receive the PitcHitter?
A: Regular shipping takes 5-7 days. Expedited shipping is available for an extra charge. Shipping is also available to Canada, Hawaii, Caribbean and Latin America for an additional charge.
Q: Will replacement parts be available in the event any parts are lost or damaged after the Limited Warranty?
A: Yes, replacement parts will be available for purchase. Contact our Customer Service number at 818-506-1742.
Q: Can I return my items?
A: The PitcHitter LLC will repair or replace without charge, any defects due to faulty materials or workmanship for 60 days from the date of purchase. Alterations or misuse of product will void the warranty. Customer Service number is 818-506-1742. (Return shipping will be refunded if the manufacturer deems the product to be defective/unrepairable.)
Q: What is the refund policy?
A: Return within 30 days: the PitcHitter™ will refund your purchase price if product is returned within 30 days of purchase. The buyer is responsible for shipping cost to return the product. If major shipping damage occurs please refuse the delivery and contact us at 818-506-1742.